Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mirror Shots! (What, Again?)





  Before the year comes to an end, I am bound and determined ( yeah, sure... ) to do more posts. This one was on the list, and more gnomes, too. I still have food and art posts I need to share, of course...!
  Let's just see what really comes to pass. I can't decide if it's just laziness that has come a-knocking on my door, or an overall feeling of being, well, overwhelmed. 

  Whatever is is, I need to kick my lame fanny down the road, and write!

  A most wonderful way to move down said road is to take a trip on 'Mirror Shot Lane', or as we like to say in Italian, Strada dello Specchio
  ...I think. My online language course has informed me that I am now 51% fluent in Italian. In reality, they probably don't have a saying anywhere close to this in Italian. 
  Mirror Shot Lane. That's a good one.

  For those of you new to Live Pronto, Mirror Shots began as my way of getting pictures of Johnny and I together while we are on our yearly jaunt to Umbria. I now have yearly posts of these wacky portraits.

  I still love finding these wonderful traffic mirrors, which are all over the place, and trying to get a shot that has us both looking somewhat normal, as opposed to "fun-house" weird. (Though truth be told, it's always a hoot when that does happen.)

  Every year I figure that we have seen and done all the possible Mirror Shots, but I still seem to find new ones.... and what the hell, I just can't help myself!
 (You can find previous Mirror Shots HERE, by the way.)

  This year it's basically 'more-o-the-same', my Dear Readers. You who have not completely given up on me, that is. 
  And by the way, thanks for hanging in there, guys and dolls.


MIRROR SHOTS  2015

  


Over the border, in Tuscany..the day we climbed a very tall tower.






I love a nice background view.






A closer shot....

  

  As always, dear Johnny is such a trooper. He really puts up with me and my camera shenanigans. He better, or I won't cook pasta, polenta or risotto for him anymore. 
  I take as many of the two of us together as I can get away with....






Must have been a nice day.... No coats! No gloves!






Smile, baby, smile!





A perfect shot to take during the
Cheese Rolling festa.






 Sometimes I'm all by my lonesome self...sigh.
  It's all good...I'm in Panicale.



Grabbing a quick-pic during our morning walk.








I always take at least one Mirror Shot in this spot.
Extra special with the wisteria and banksia roses in the background...








  This year, I got all artsy with the reflection shots. Mirrors or not, I still took the photo.



On the boat to the islands....






In a gallery somewhere...







Perhaps in Florence...




Definitely in Florence, on the streets. I remember this one.
Cute lil' fanny.





A triple reflection. My new standard!

  





While seeing the amazing Daniel Buren exhibition
in San Gimignano.






As Mr. J gets set up to paint,
I settle in to read...after this sneaky shot, of course.








  My favorites are the tried and true, close to home, on our morning walks.
  You just can't beat it.



A warm day, on our walk to Paciano.




  This year, we had a second trip to Italy..it included our beloved Panicale, but also Venice, for the Venice Biennale. We try to go each time, every odd year. It's a blast and a treat. The entire place is filled with contemporary art, and we just emerge ourselves.
  And then there's the food & wine, of course....

  Thing is, in Venice, there are very few traffic mirrors. You know, no cars and all that...so I end up taking Mirror Shots in what are mostly art installations. It's amazing how many installations include reflective surfaces.

  Well, you'll see what I mean..... All the remaining Mirror Shots were taken in Venice this past October. Big fun.




Ok, look closely.....
There we are!







This was one of our first, and one of my favorite exhibits...
Where's my Sharpie???

  


  Forgive me, dear readers, but I didn't take a lot of notes this year on which artist created what work. My (very) bad. 
  If you find that you are losing sleep over who did what in this post, just let me know, and I will research the shite out of it and get right back to you.
  I promise.

  Some of the mirrors in these various installations spun and twirled. This made for a wonderful combination of "trying to get the shot", and "how to not vomit while trying to get the shot". It was great......



Whoooaaaooaaa...Got it!





  Sometimes things just got silly....





Johnny wanted nothing to do with some of these.
I don't blame him, but I couldn't resist.




Where's Janelle?





Another solo shot.
Funny what you find on the way to the loo.
I do love these old school bars with the toilet out back....







Well, at the time I thought it was pretty cool photo.....
There was an entire tree in this room.
This is just the rootball.





  Oh, Canada! Truly a fantastic exhibit this year. I can not begin to explain it, I just know I loved it.   So, I'm going to just add a link HERE, and if you want, you can check out more.

  We took this shot, below in one of the many spaces in this pavillion....Thanks, Canada!!



Having a bit of a laugh in Canada.
And yes, he is holding his iPad for extra credit.







  In another area, we came across this....at first it's a room full of fake corn on the cob, with a china cabinet at the end....










But really, it's all smoke, or in this case,  corn... and mirrors.
A dark shot, but still kind of cool.






  I managed to find one actual traffic mirror! (below)
  It was at the Arsenale pavillion site, and meant to keep the little people-carrier electric 'go carts' from conking each other out.










  I love getting a photo that shows a great background, either inside or outside.
This is in the Punta della Dogana museum. It is such a beautiful place to experience contemporary art. 
  A must visit, if you are ever inVenice.






Happy, happy, happy.






  Tha vaporettos, which serve as water taxis, are good for a Mirror Shot, as well as the landings where they stop to pick you up.





Heading back to Venice after a day on Burano and Mazzorbo.






La, la, la...waiting for the vaportetto...


  Almost done, at least until next year.
  



Another photo op I happened upon whilst looking for a bathroom.
Hey, it's all good.


  Well, I have to say...This was fun. I mean writing a post here. I really need this. 
  Especially now, while being all stressed and overwhelmed by the whole holiday/family thing, and such. 

  Note to Self: 
  Get back to writing your bloggy. 
  You LOVE this. 
  It is GOOD for you.
  Netflix will be there when you're done, I promise. 
  THIS is IMPORTANT.

  On that note...
  Have a great holiday, and remember to do something you love.

  Peace on Earth, Dear Readers.

  






1 comment: