Monday, December 30, 2019

Mirror Shots 2019 Continued! (Autumn Version)



  Well, as you regular readers know, I can't resist the chance for a "Mirror Shot". I'm constantly on the lookout for a good opportunity to get Johnny and myself together for a photo. It's become a bit of an obsession, and poor old Johnny...bless his heart...he just goes along with my whims. I do admit, he isn't always smiling in these mirrors, but at least I can get him to stand there...most of the time.

  Now that we are going back and forth twice a year, it's getting harder to find new mirrors. This makes it a real challenge, and I'm up for it, Babies!

  Sometimes a random reflection works just fine.....




Venice. In an amazing Palazzo.
Oooooohhhhh....reflections of reflections....


Venice. Waiting for the water bus.



Venice. At an exhibition space.



Venice....at the Biennale.


Florence.  Collezione Roberto Casamonti,
which houses an amazing collection of contemporary art.


  Most of the time, though, I like to find these traffic mirrors. They are all over the place in Italy, because there are zillions of little streets, dirt roads, alleys, etc. that have blind spots, and so these mirrors are CRUCIAL! Trust me, I know. I often have to hop out of the car to 'check both ways', because the mirror is all fogged up, or so old and funky you can't see in it anymore. Johnny needs me as a guide.
  Ahhhh...Driving in Italy. Ain't it grand?
  So, anyway....I love the mirrors for photographing the two of us, with a little background and foreground in the mix. It's fun to try and get an interesting shot...








A nice, clean mirror...




...and a really funky one.
But...I like this shot a lot, anyway.


  
The next four were taken in the same basic place, on the same day. Right near our little village. This was on a morning walk, of course!
  I couldn't stop taking pictures because the fall color and early morning light was so gorgeous.




















  I don't remember where I took some of these, but that's ok. I get a kick out of trying to figure it out.


No idea.




On the outskirts of Cortona.



Same spot as above...outskirts of Cortona. Close up!

  Then there are the silly ones....



La la la....just foolin' around.





Elevator in a favorite B&B in Rome.
I never have my hair down anymore...I think I let it down
just for this photo.



Again, I have no idea.




Hmmmm...I think we were in Italy...



  I always take a photo of us in this spot, below. It's a classic spot that features our village in the background. Always a good morning walk, too.






  It's pretty shocking to realize that we'll be heading back again shortly. Time to buckle down and:

1) Do my language studies!
2) Get all the roses pruned and fed!
And...
3) Drop a few pounds! (always a priority so we can munch down while we're over there...mmmmm!)

  Here's to more Mirror Shots in 2020!
  Jeez...2020? You're kidding me, right?
 

 


 

2 comments:

  1. I just love your mirror shots! It's a great idea and you play around with variables very nicely. Here's to 2020! Happy New Year to you and Johnny.

    ReplyDelete