Saturday, April 27, 2024

Biennale 2024 -The U.S. Pavillion


I didn't think that this year could top the last U.S. Pavillion at the Venice Biennale, but...whoa.

Jeffrey Gibson pretty much rocked my little world...I'll let the photos, etc do the writing...



Entrance to the Pavillion











Ok, I will say that I was knocked out by the color, texture and details of the work. 
Pattern was huge here, too....
Lots of intricate bead work, often spelling out declarations.






























 


















Rooms filled with pattern and color












The time it must have taken!




"Hold These Truths To Be 
Self Evident"



I especially love these busts, below.






































These paintings below each hold a hard to read message, but I just love the concept here.




"We Will Be Known Forever By The Tracks That We Leave"


They include these beautiful beaded pieces. 






"Liberty When It Begins To Take Root
Is A Plant Of Rapid Growth"






"The Great Spirit Is In All Things"





"Action Now Action Is Eloquence"

It is a wonderful show, with even more works, including an incredible video installation that made me want to dance and drum! Joyful energy to watch. Talk about raising one's vibration...I was in tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment