Monday, February 17, 2014

Mirror Shots!!! It's Officially A Tradition!



  It's just a spot-o-fun, don't ya know…these silly mirror shots.  And why not? A great way to capture a moment, and get us both (most of the time) in the picture. 

  The great thing is that these traffic mirrors are everywhere. I love the really old mirrors…they have a great patina, good rusty spots and nice vintage color.
  You never know how the shot will turn out, or what will pop up in the background…..

  Just some good, silly fun!




Howdy, friends.





This mirror is in all our "Mirror Shot" mixes, since it's along our morning walk…
Johnny is carrying his painting gear, too. 


  



Just outside the walls of Paciano.





That's the local cemetery behind us. I remember this day…we went way up,
over the hill and back down to the road. Good walk!





Hmmmm…no idea where this is….








Outside the walls of Paciano…another well known "Mirror Shot"!




This one looks like it's laying on the ground,
but really…it's near Panicale on a hillside.
Must be warm, too.. I have on my "warm day" shoes.





Another morning walk shot, on a very nice day, too.






I'm thinking this is near the Panicale cemetery, too….



  As usual, Mr. J gets tired of my constant photo demands, so I just go it alone. He's either standing just outside the shot, sitting in the car waiting, or back in the studio, painting. I do enjoy my "solo" walks.




On the road between Paciano and La Saporita….




While Mr. J was painting, I took a stroll into town. This is just outside Valiano.
I mostly wanted the great street sign…..




The little chapel in La Mura. Sigh…I love this.






See that house in the mirror? I swear I saw
Stanley Tucci drive down that little driveway.
Forever to be known as "Stanley Tucci's House". 





Ok, so this one was intense…see the small sign on the right? It's a "beware of dog" sign,
and there actually was a huuuge German Shepherd barking and throwing it's nasty self at the fence
while I quickly took the photo. Yikes! Anything for the shot…..




Ummmm…Passignano, maybe? Not sure….




And I was just beginning to think I only brought my black coat...




We loved our little red Peugeot, and hope we get another one just like it this year.
It must have been a really nice warm day.




  A few more shots with both of us. I think they were taken near the end of the trip, too.




Standing at the corner of
"This Is Where I Want To Be" and "I'm So Happy I'm Here".
Panicale.




A very fine view.



A classic mirror just outside the little park
 in Panicale. It's all backwards…..



  Well, I guess I better find lots more new mirrors. I want this to remain  a Live Pronto tradition. 
  So, unties next time (which is shockingly soon….), we say:
  Ciao!!


Signing off for now!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the mirror shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, El& Kel! We are ready for another wonderful adventure in Panicale, and can't wait. You'll love Katia and her lovely family, and you'll soon fall in love with Panicale, too! Enjoy, and let me know about your trip, if you get a chance…
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete