Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Afternoon Walk, Sunday Dinner




  Today was a good day. I woke up feeling happy and clear, and ready for a simple Sunday with no drama.
  All I wanted was a few hours in the garden here in Umbria, a nice walk in the countryside and a nice evening at home, then early to bed...The 'early to bed' part will happen as soon as I post this.

  I spent a couple of hours weeding and trimming back a big iris bed. It was very satisfying, and getting my hands in the soil was very good for my soul. Then we went out to walk.

  We wanted to walk somewhere easy, no big hills or heavy duty anything. We picked an area nearby that we'd walked in before, but we went a different way today. Lots of beautiful olive trees and nice views. It was cool out, with some sun and some clouds.
  Perfect...


Heavenly.



Amazing light, and all sorts of 'green'...!

I love the silvery grey olives with all the fall colors...




This time of year you can find loads of wild clematis in the woods.
They have a nice sweet scent!



The path got a little dicey, but only for a short time.



Lovely wood ferns here...



A wonderful path in the woods.




Yes, please.



Just more gorgeousness.



Back to civilization. And just in time.

  After our walk, we popped by a favorite watering hole to play some foosball. I won, as always...poor Johnny. He puts up with my competitive nature. My goal is a 'shut-out'. So far, not yet...but I keep trying. 
  After kicking his ass yet again, we went home and I made it up to him by cooking a great Sunday dinner. It started with wine on the terrace and the best ever fried sage leaves...



OMG.

Need I say more?

  I grilled up some eggplant to have with left over pasta from a couple of nights ago...




  I had blanched some green beans earlier, and had just enough left over pasta with pesto...a match made in heaven...












I heated up some olive oil and fresh garlic, threw in the green beans...

... added the leftover pasta...




Sunday Dinner!


  It was a really good day.
  Thanks, Umbria. I needed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment