Saturday, March 11, 2023

Umbria Beckons...Again



  

Travel is so stressful. And it only gets harder as we get a bit older. 
  

I'm happy to say that this particular trip over went very smoothly, thank you. No real hitches, and we flew out of San Fransisco between major storm systems. Again, thank you. Thank you to The Powers That Be. I certainly had no part in the weather, just the planning.

   
It feels great to be back in our little Nut. All is well here, and we also say Thank You to our landlord, Carlo...he did some wonderful cleaning up in the apartment, so we came home to a nice, warm bit of heaven on earth.
It's good to be in the county side again. I'm feeling all my systems slowing down, and I needed this.

Carlo set a fire a day or two before we arrived from Rome, so The Nut felt really comfortable on our first night here. We popped up to the village to buy some vittles, and enjoyed our first dinner in front of the fire.

  

A light meal of toasted bread, salad and slices 
of tomatoes and baked ricotta.


Unfortunately, I came down with an irritating cold (not covid!), so I kind of chilled out in bed most of our first day here. It was super windy and raining, so why not just sleep it off?

In the afternoon, when the winds died down and the sun peeked out, we took a little drive around the area, just because it was so damn pretty...















 




We had a nice bowl of soup at home, watched something on Netflix, and hit the bed early.





Day two, today, I woke up feeling much better, and ready to walk. It's what I do here, you know? The weather was grey, but comfortable for walking... It was nice to enjoy our little neck of the woods again.




I'm so glad Johnny has gotten into walking!
Here he is, heading down the path to the main road.




I love our main road. It's just steep enough to let
you know you are working it!




We were happy to see the newly paved road! 
This part of the public road was a real mess...it's nice and smooth now.
I will never get tired of this view.





A favorite destination for a walk...

We got back home and spent the day doing more settling in and cleaning. Johnny is getting his studio in order, as well. He's excited about doing artwork here this spring.

We actually ended up taking a late afternoon walk so he could do some sketching...














A moment of pure beauty on our walk home.


All in all, I'm ready for this adventure. And right now...I'm ready to go out and have some pizza!

Follow Johnny while he is working here:

Instagram: #johnnymackapodaca



No comments:

Post a Comment