Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Lunch Time On A Rainy Day...Back in May 2023



I'm writing this post in September 2023, but this was a lunch way back in the springtime....maybe May 2023, on our last visit here.
Sometimes I don't get to writing everything I want to at the time it happens! 

Anyway, since all we've eaten out here so far is basically pizza, I figured I'd add in this yummy lunch we had back in May.

We almost didn't go out because we don't like to drive on rainy days, and this place is a good forty minutes away...but we bucked up and went for it, and I'm glad we did. 

Just a couple of great plates of house made papardelle pasta with some veggies and beans. And dessert. A perfect meal.










Johnny always likes a nice red sauce, and this one was a spicy version
"Arrabbiata" means angry...so a good, angry(spicy) sauce.





My pasta was a very delightful parmesan cream with arugula.
Subtle and light, considering the cream sauce.




Next, we shared a bowl of white beans and some grilled veggies, which
had been marinated with garlic and herbs. Nice.




A good combination eaten together.



Now that's a perfect bite...





Well, you know...we were hungry...





We even went and visited the dessert table! A rare event.





A slice of pistachio cream pie and a slice of chocolate /walnut cake.
We shared, of course...with espressos.




What can I say...we were hungry!


More to come.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment