Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Views and Moments


Johnny & I walk...and walk...and walk. And then we walk some more. 
It's a great way to start the morning, and we usually take an afternoon walk, as well. It helps with all the eating and wine consumption, that's for sure. 
For me, it's also good for my mental health...

Being here in Umbria, in the countryside, I can't help but be overwhelmed by the views. The light is so different. Back home on the coast of California, we have lots of foggy days. When the sun shines, it's gorgeous, but a different kind of gorgeous. 

I am always taking photos of the texture of the fields, the repetition of form in the vineyards and olive groves, and the sky...the lovely sky with it's ever changing clouds. 



I love the color combinations here. Blue and silvery grey/green with the soft yellow of the fields...




Layers on layers of color and texture...




A favorite view. If you follow my little bloggy, you've seen this many times.






Living in a big valley with a large lake means interesting storms blow through...
This one came in last week with these cool cloud formations.



It's always nice to see color in the sky!




The start of our morning walk. A nice place to start.




Sunrise can be very pretty.



The color only lasts a moment.






On an afternoon walk way across the valley from home.




I do enjoy seeing the colors of a small borgo combined
with the colors of the fields.



The olive trees are beautiful in the sunlight.


I suppose my favorite view is from the terrace outside the door, though...


Evening light at the perfect moment.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment