Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dreaming in Umbria...

  No matter how hard I try, my mind keeps pulling me back to our little apartment in Panicale. Today I was remembering what crazy dreams both Johnny and I had the first week or two we were there. We would wake up and one or the other of us would say "I had the most amazing dreams...." answered by "me, too!"
  I decided that it was our brains being stimulated in ways they had not been for some time. Between the language, driving in a foreign country, sights and sounds unusual to us...just everything. Sparks were just flying up there between our ears. I mean, my dreams were like full length movies-really incredible.
  I can't help but chastise myself for allowing the old noggin to get into such a rut. I guess we all do it...just the routine day to day living...a little stimulation, Italian style, and it's party time for the grey matter. I must work a bit harder here at home to keep the sparks flying.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment