Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Walk At The Beach



  Well, we are officially in a state of "Shelter In Place".
  I wish I knew exactly what this means, but so far we are getting conflicting realities. 

  I know we can't have our gallery open for the next three weeks, at least, so we went to Carmel today to basically shut shop. We put a couple of signs in our front windows, and then decided to talk a walk at the beach. 

  Yes, we can go for a walk, evidently...as long as we stay six feet away from other people. There weren't many people around, and it was really nice to just chill out and enjoy the views...


Carmel Beach at her best.


Looking south...



...and looking north.



Yeah, it was a nice day for a beach walk.

  

Since we aren't in Umbria, as planned, and we can't go to work...we might as well enjoy our little bit of heaven right here at home.

  I've always loved walking the neighborhoods, checking out the gardens and houses... and I still need my daily walk, after all!




A beautiful tree trunk along the trail.

 I'll be posting blogs this spring from our garden and local walks we take, I'm sure.
 Today I really got a kick out of all that was in bloom already, like this huge 'Ceanothus' along the way...






They are blooming all over town right now, and this one was covered in bees!


  We walked all around 'the point', just because we could. It was nice enough outside to keep us going.



The beach at the mouth of Carmel River.
I hung out here a lot when I was a teenager.

Point Lobos in the distance.
I wonder if it's open? It is a state park...


  Along with the 'Ceanothus' blooming all over the joint, there are also tons of 'Echium Fastuosum' blooming now, and they are at their most gorgeous!
  Big, beautiful blueness just starting to pop open! I'll have to return soon, when they are all opened up.











  It was nice seeing some 'Garden Moments' around town...We love strolling around and finding new gardens to love...



Two big old crab apples blooming their heads off.



A field of 'linaria' that has bloomed here for at least 20 years.
I was so happy to see it's still reseeding itself!


I love this combo of California Poppies and euphorbia,
especially agains this wall.


Another great planting, this one was a front walkway.
Quite striking.



I'll need to return soon to see this wisteria in full bloom!
What a nice surprise to find this.



I love this particular succulent with this particular fence.

  We don't live in Carmel now, but we both have rented different places here when we were younger. It's always nice to park somewhere in an area and just head out on foot. 
  Today, our first day of being closed because of the Covid-19 situation, it felt good to get out and breathe in some ocean air.

  I'm sure we'll walk more here, as well as all over our area...as long as we are still allowed to go out and take a walk.

  Be safe, Dear Readers. Be kind to others as well as yourselves. Revel in the little things we tend to forget or disregard.

  Take a walk.






1 comment:

  1. These images tug at my heart. Thank you for sharing your walk and observations. I love Ceanothus, and what I call "Pride of Madera." I actually planted them in my yard in Davis! The tolerated the extreme temperatures once they were large. The yards you've show are quite striking and soooo Carmel. Again, tugs at my heart. After this virus thing is over, I'm coming for a visit.

    ReplyDelete