Friday, March 6, 2020

Early March 2020 In My Garden



  You all know that I love our travels to Italy....but I do miss my garden when I'm away. It's so hard to leave as it's just beginning to bust open and become a springtime wonderland.

  I worked in the garden several hours on each of my days off this week, and plan to spend a few more hours before we go, just tinkering...throwing some food around, cutting this back, and staking that up, seeing what's new. 
  
  Basically, I need to do this. I need to spend as many hours as I possibly can in my garden. It centers my mind and soothes my anxious soul...to the bone. I am free of doubt, anger, stress, guilt, etc, etc, etc. when I'm in my garden... isn't that what it's there for? I think so, and I'm most likely listening to a book while I'm at it. The garden tires me out in the very best way. It helps me sleep at night, and that's a very good thing.

  So, as I do every day before I head out to work, I took a sweet 'walkabout' this morning and snapped a few shots to share with you.
  She's a small garden, but oh-so-mighty...I am so lucky to have house sitters that love and enjoy the garden as much as we do.
  As always, Thanks, James & Anna!!! Have fun! Pick lots of flowers to have in the house, ok?

  I'm also so lucky to have my Garden Angel and dear friend, Pedro at the wheel here. I know when we return all will be well, and we'll come home to this magical play land, no worries! 
  Thanks, Pedro. 




I love all the texture...





All the roses are sending out that first flush of growth.




My crab apple is one of the first things I planted here.



Succulents are everything...and everywhere in my garden.



Fragrant 'wild' freesias came with the garden.
I let them do whatever they want.



Banksia rose just starting to 'go off'.
Wish I could see it in full bloom!




I love this variegated 'Fallopia'.


These little fellows have taken a jump outside the boarder, but that's ok.



Pretty.




My idea here really worked out well.
I am loving this succulent in this strawberry pot.



Another big climbing rose taking off early this year.



A lovely container planting...


  Sigh. I do love my garden.

1 comment:

  1. I love your garden, too! The variety and profusion is a delightful sight. I had a lush Banksia rose in my old California garden. Not sure I could grown one here in Colorado. Hmmmm....Anywhooo, it is wonderful that you have trusted house sitters who appreciate your efforts and green thumb.

    ReplyDelete