Sunday, August 7, 2011

Little Vignettes

   Ok, I'll admit it. I'm just sitting here at the gallery, browsing photos of our garden and outbuildings. Sometimes I forget the little secrets around the garden. Everyone notices the big show: roses, clematis, water features, veg garden, etc.
   Johnny is so good at putting little vignettes together. I'd like to think I am, too. When we first started "nesting", we were constantly going to antique stores, garage sales and local flea markets. It was all about the hunt, as anyone who collects stuff knows. It didn't take long to have too much stuff, but that's an ongoing problem I will eventually deal with. One of these days I will get down to it and see what ebay is all about. I'm going to make someone very happy, too. There is an entire room in our very tiny house that is full of the stuff we need to move along. Granted, there is alot of "junque", but also some cool little diamonds in the rough. It's all for that garage sale I never seem to have. Or ebay, which I never explore. Sigh. Not quite "Hoarders", but let's just say I keep that particular door closed. (How could it get so dusty in there? Just asking...)
  These days we don't bring much into the house. After all, we are always saving for the next trip. Cute set of vintage 40's juice glasses? Yeah.... but really, do we need them? That could be 3 great meals at our favorite tavola calda in Umbria! We already have juice glasses, anyway. We use them for wine. Instead, we watch all the shows that feature other people spending money on vintage finds. It works for us.
  Sooooo, instead of checking out ebay, here I am, sharing some sweet scenes with you all. Thanks to you, I get to feel like I am doing something creative, and while away the time not doing what I should be doing.
  Good thing here at the gallery there are no "shoulds". It's great to be the Queen. Enjoy.....
  


We have a thing for monkeys. I love the trippy glass globe that turns everything
upside down. It was my Uncle Frank's.

We also collect bird images of all kinds...we named our house "Cento Uccelli",
One Hundred Birds, in Italian

More birds.....

A little spot in the outside studio/garden pavilion/dining room.


An artistic corner in the studio. 
Johnny made this clock, and it worked for a long time. It's still pretty neat.

In my potting shed.  That's a hammer from my Grandpa Dottie's garage. I'm so glad
I have it, and several of his old garden tools.

Another shot from the potting shed. Sadly, it's in dire need of a cleaning right now.  Seeing it like
this really inspires me to do a good brush up.

No comments:

Post a Comment