Our last evening in Umbria, we had a few pals over for apertivi and the sunset, and it was great way to say 'ciao' to The Nut, until next time...
|A wonderful last evening at The Nut.|
We are back in California now. I'm actually at my work desk writing this. Can't help but go back through the last day's photos in Rome. Who wants to work?
Especially with jet-lag.
We flew out of Rome on Saturday, but took an early train down Friday to spend the day seeing art and eating. Rome was sunny and very warm...and spring has sprung, for sure.
On the Rome Agenda:
1) Walk around, enjoying the sights until we can check in to our room, and things open up.
2) Buy shoes.
3) See the William Turner exhibition.
|A few of my favorites...|
|Close up detail.|
4) Eat some treats at Supplizzio.
|Just a little snack....hehehe.|
|Eggplant 'polpette'. |
|These are suppli.|
|Deep fried rice balls.|
This is with cheese and black pepper.
|This is traditional with tomato sauce.|
Oh. Dear. God.
5) Walk off the treats and view some street art.
6) Eat fried carciofi in the Jewish quarter at Da Giggetto
|What? One lunch is just not enough, dude.|
It's just a little artichoke....
|...a crispy, crunchy, salty artichoke from heaven above.|
7) Walk off the carciofi, seeing more sights, because there is still more eating to do.
|We came across this odd Cercis (redbud tree), with flowers on the trunk.|
Just found it interesting.
8) Relax with a late afternoon glass of wine.
9) Take a nap back at the room.
10) Go back out late to have pizza at Remo.
|It was packed!|
|I wait all year for this pizza.|
We actually stayed in Rome for the night, just to eat here.
I. Kid. You. Not.
|Yes, I ate the whole thing.|
Now, back to work, Girl!