Saturday, June 8, 2013

Details



  Maybe it's my love of texture. Or my attraction to subtle color. Could be my unending lust for all things rusty...
  Whatever the reason, I find myself snapping more photos of the "details" I see as I walk the medieval streets of Italy than almost anything else. I suppose most of us do.
  The little details are just the best. I see them everywhere, and it's hard to resist the urge to get "the shot". Oh, and just so it's out in the open...I don't have any Delusions of Grandeur, like a coffee table book or anything. That book has been done. Over and over. And over.

 I just like taking the pictures. It's a good way to remember the little things I'm liable to forget.




The sweetest little lace "curtain" I've seen.
Monticchiello.






I love the colors here. The different grape varieties just match the door,
the glass in the windows, even the metal door knobs.
Monticchiello




Thyme and Borage growing in the wall. What a great herb garden.
Panicale.





I just liked these two critters together.



Difficult on the footsies, but lovely to look at.
Montefalco.





A very worried beast in Montepulciano.




  What is it about rust and moss and lichen and dirt. Funky stuff that just begs me to come close and touch. I am powerless to the draw of these scenes.






Perfect window dressing in La Mura.



The beautiful tile roof of a small shrine holding
a statue of the Virgin Mary.






A simple field marker taken to the next level.
I want this for my garden.





A wall decoration that just sends me. It is for the family mausoleum.
This is life size.





Please don't laugh. Johnny and I both went crazy when we saw this
old swing set. Serious lust. Perfect green and rustiness.
At "da Gino's" on Lago di Chiusi.



More perfect green and rust with the patina of the ages.



 Sometimes it's the day to day stuff that I see on our walks around Panicale, or while I'm waiting for Johnny to finish working. I'll go snooping around and come across things I find too beautiful to leave behind. So I take. A picture.





In the church in Paciano. 




Signs outside the alimentari in Valiano.




It was really hard not to just swipe this one. Not that I ever would, but still.
You know what I mean. It's tin, man.




If I ever find a ceramic light fixture like this, I'm all in.
So simple. So cool.




Well, it was something to watch, let me tell you.
They were working on a roof...way up there.



  I took a bunch of photos one day while we were roaming around Monticchiello, a small hill town in Tuscany. I love this little town. We try to get over to see it every year. It's not a long drive, and in fact, it's a very beautiful drive. There are never many people around when we are there, off season. It has an amazing fabric store and a couple of nice places to have a meal. 
  We usually just stop in for a stroll and a glass of wine.

  There were some nice moments on this day....







I like the light fixture here.





Classic red geraniums.




I saw this succulent a lot this year, all over the area. Here, I love it with the curtain.





Just another nice shot.


  Statues are always a nice subject, but I see the same ones over and over.
  These were a nice change...




Quite a perfect fellow.



His partner was there, too.




I just love her. 



  And just because I like the colors, here is a nice shot of our laundry drying outside.
  Really, I like the colors...... especially against the walls of the apartment.
  What? Anything can be beautiful....to me.







1 comment:

  1. Grazie per il blog.
    We will see you next spring in Panicale.
    James & Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete