Saturday, December 7, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside…...




    Part of our morning routine….after that first wonderful cup-o-joe….after the stretches, crunches, leg lifts & other such tortures….after trying to talk each other out of it, and then agreeing we have to….we go for our morning walk, or in my case, run.
  Most mornings it's not bad, just something that we do in order to eat large amounts of pasta and drink many glasses of wine, while still maintaining our girlish figures. Honestly, it's a nice way to greet the day. We are blessed to live in such a pretty area, and why not watch the sun come up to the sounds of waves crashing on the beach? 

  This being said…It's bloody HELL going out there on these uber cold days!!! 
  (forgive me, all you readers who live on the east coast, or the mid-west, or in Antarctica…this is a "relative" sort of thing….). There was frost on the sand dunes this week! I kid you not…So for us, this is really cold. 

  Therefore, I feel just fine saying that We Are Gods for getting out there before the sun comes up.





Seriously. Cold.




Are ya warm enough there, Mister?



  Then again, we are probably just nuts, and over-committed to our cause. Still, it sure is gorgeous when that sun starts to rise:






Wait for it…….




Here she comes...




Getting close….




And there we are.
Robinson Jeffers called Mt. Toro "The Sun Alter".
 Yes indeed. And the angels sing…..


 I took all these shots this very morning, only a few hours ago. I never bring the camera with me when we go out, but I was hoping for some nice clouds and spectacular light…that sort of thing. It was a good morning to take photos, I think.




The brisk wind made for some nice cloud action..




No frost this morning..I hope I catch it next time.




The Bay in all her glory….




  Sure, I'll take and post pictures of Mr. J in his morning attire, but you'll never catch me in mine…not online, anyway. Let's just say that the local second hand clothing store has my name all over it, when it comes to my clownish running outfit…!



Use your 'magination, people….. Wait. Please don't.




  Every morning, I swear, it's like magic, watching as the sun moves up and changes the colors all around the dunes. I never tire of this. It's hard to keep running, to pass it by…and it only lasts a precious few moments, really. That's why I had to bring the camera today. 
  





That sky blows my mind. This is where our favorite hawks hang out most mornings, too.



Beautiful light on the dunes, and with the rain last night, great texture, too.



  About the time the sun has risen just above Mt. Toro, we are ready to head back home to start the rest of our day.
  There is a small, very dedicated tribe of us "early birds" out here most mornings. Even on a wicked cold and pretty damn windy day, like today, we saw most of the tribe….. and at least two of them are in their 80's! 
  I want to be here in my 80's, too…watching the sun come up, listening to the seagulls and waves...




Our last bit of trail for the day.




Staying in formation, even with the wind. I was lucky to get this shot.




  We aren't totally crazy…we do take a couple of days off each week, and no way are you seeing us get out there in the rain. 
  But, hey, we can handle a little cold! Before you know it, you start to warm up, after all.
  



Johnny heading to the car. Like a horsey going back to the barn…
Notice the flag way back there, on the right? It's windy!




Windy, I tell you!

 

  We'll keep this up as long as possible, and then when we go to Italy, we just do the same thing. Only in the country side, and later in the morning, and maybe not as often…..and with a killer cappuccino waiting at the end… Nice!
  Now….let's walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment