Sunday, September 21, 2014

You Lookin' At Me? (Mirror Shots 2014)



  Here's the thing.
  I think I've nailed pretty much every mirror shot possible, within a 20km area of Panicale. What am I going to do now? Between the Gnomes and the Mirrors, it's a dilemma. I believe I have captured them all….
  I'll admit, some of these mirror shots I'll take every year. There are a few mirrors around town that I have to revisit over and over. Luckily for me, we take lots of day trips to new places, so I can stay somewhat fresh. Sort of. As fresh as one can, considering the subject matter.
Me, Johnny, an old round road mirror….

  Still, what the hell else am I going to do on all the walks we take, right?

  So, my dear readers, I give you this year's big old batch of silliness known as:



MIRROR SHOTS



  Most of the time, we come across these round mirrors walking the streets of whatever town we're in. The corners can be really dicey to drive around, so they come in handy. Tiny roads, tinier corners, cars that are way too big…add this to the mix, and you get the idea. That's why these things are everywhere.
  It just makes it too fun not to do. Johnny was game for it this year, too. Sometimes he gets tired of me constantly pestering him to do this with me. 
  I can't imagine why.



A walk in the countryside…not sure exactly where.
I just noticed the ghosty "Saturn" in the mirror….hmmm...




Traffic was stopped in Terantola because of a major bike race going through town.
It was fun. Then it ended, and we were back on our way.
I like how long my legs look….sigh….





This is in Cortona.





I love how this turned out.
I didn't expect to get Johnny in the shot, until I climbed the hill.




It's always a trip to see just what comes out in the background.
I'm just focused on the mirror.




Johnny and his, ahem, "signature" pose.




 Early morning walk to nearby Paciano.
This must have been super early in the trip.
We're both so f-ing thin! (just wait, you two…..)




Another morning walk…I always take a photo in this mirror.



  The four shots below are all in one small area, over near Gioiella, a town not far from Panicale. We go over there often…there's a great little local bar we like a lot. 
  Sometimes, on a sunny day, we'll go sit outside on the benches across from the bar, and hang out with the old timers. They always make room for us. I wish my language skills were better. I can get by, and the folks there are always so nice…it's just frustrating not being able to communicate better.
  Well, it's no ones fault but mine…lazy girl.
  Anyhow, right near this lovely monument, there are three or four good mirrors….





One shot...




…two shot….




….three shot…..





…four!
Really, there must be some mighty wrecks on this corner,
because there are so many mirrors here.
In reality, people drive way fast on these tiny roads, so these babies come in handy.





Looking at this one now, I just really like it.
The new pink paint with the white line, and that old building behind us…two mirrors….
This one turned out great!






A quicky shot as I take my morning stroll back from Paciano.





Must be Panicale, because we hardly ever go anywhere far,
once the sun goes down. Vampires, and all that….
I fact, we look kind of spooked here.




  Sometimes I'll come across mirrors that have nothing to do with traffic. They draw me all the same. I can't help myself. No reflective surface is safe, when I have my little camera. And I have my camera all the time, so….




At GIROMAGI, the awesome succulent place on
the way to Cortona.





An art piece along one of our morning walks.
Just hanging there, on a tree. It has a gold chair in front, too.




The tiny hotel elevators always seem to have big mirrored walls.
This is in Bologna.




A super shiny door knob in Bologna.
Hey, why not?






An odd shiny something in a gallery we like in Orvieto.



  It's amazing how many of these shots I get. I don't realize it until I get them all together like this…and several don't make "the cut". 
  Poor things…it's not any fault of their own. I just look terrible in the shot, so I don't want you to see these rejects. 
  Yes, I am the boss of me.




Just down the way from Panicale. Another mirror we walk by all the time.
I  liked the blue flowers on the rosemary shrub.








Walking and biking trail sign. Near Paciano.
I've taken this shot many times...





Johnny taking a shot of me while I'm taking a shot of us.





I am thinking that this was in Pietrafitta, a town nearby.
I love it when there are two mirrors like this.






In Orvieto.
Love the painted building here.






Another one in Orvieto.
It's the Red Cross building, evidently.




Sigh. We look so happy…..
Oh, wait…we are.


  Have to end with a couple of Panicale hometown pride images, right? 
  Of course!! This is where these mirror shots all began, after all...




Always take this shot…every year.
Early in the morning. Johnny has his walking staff ready to go.
This mirror is right near the little park across from the apartment we stay in.





I gotta say, I can't believe I've haven't gotten this one before.
Our morning walk to Missiano.
The classic Panicale Skyline, with us in the mirror.
Perfection.




  Well, I'm certain I will keep taking these Mirror Shots. They are a wonderful way to get us both in the picture, and also just a good excuse to always have my camera ready.
  What a fun way to document our yearly adventures….

1 comment:

  1. what a fabulous idea..these are great..I see a coffee table photo book in the makings

    ReplyDelete