Saturday, May 7, 2016

Getting Set To Leave…Again. Sigh.


  Well…we can't stay forever(yet), so here we are with only a day or two left in this place we call our 'home away from home'.
  Problem is, it's getting harder and harder to differentiate. Which is home?

  They say home is where the heart is….
 

















  It sure feels like home when we walk up this street….






  Looks pretty homey to me…..






  It's a gift to have this problem, I know.
  And I never take it for granted. 
  We are so proud of what we've accomplished, and how we have managed to prioritize our lives to make this happen.
  Lucky? I think not. It's hard work and sacrifice. 
  The payoff is sooooo worth it.

  I'll be happy to get back home to California, you bet. I can't wait to see my folks, my garden, and friends.

  But... I'll be leaving a sizable portion of my heart here, in Umbria, to enjoy the landscape…..














  At work, my mind will find itself drifting away to remember places we've visited over the last couple of months….





Trains! Love the trains!



















  The community events here are always a treat….





Stabat Mater performed in the gorgeous
Chiesa della Madonna della Sbarra.


  Or on a much lighter note…..


Ruzzolone, the tossing of the cheese.



  We saw some interesting artwork….






















  And, as we do every year, we worked hard to lose some pounds before leaving.
  Why?

  Because.

  Pasta.






























  Yes, there were pizza nights….













  Bruschetta at Bar Gallo is never to be missed….







  Cheese. 
  Wallace would love this.








  Sometimes, a place wouldn't know what to serve us. Vegetarians?
  Hey, we're easy!




This will do.



  And, as always, I enjoyed cooking at home a bunch….


































  (All I can say is this…It's a whole lot more fun putting weight on than taking it off.)



  Friends here are so special to us...












  It'll be hard going home, but we know we'll be back asap.
  We're just a couple of knuckleheads having a damn good time.
  Is that so wrong?!?








  Here's to all we love about Umbria…..And to coming back real soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment