Saturday, February 11, 2017

Siamo Nello Specchio!


  Ah, yes...We Are In The Mirror.....
  If this was an old episode of 'The Outer Limits', or 'The Twilight Zone', we would be stuck in the mirrors...forever. Sigh. Not a bad end, actually...



MIRROR SHOTS 2016


  As we wander through various towns and cities during our annual jaunt to Italy, I keep my eyes peeled for mirrors. It's a great way to get fun pictures of Johnny and I together, sometimes just me, and it has now become quite a fun diversion.

  I try to find new locations, but always end up with some mirrors that we stand in front of every year. Why not? Some times things in life become classic. A few special 'traffic' mirrors we love have become classics...to us, anyway.
  


I just love these muted tones...




A classic. Morning walk, Paciano.



  Mostly, I try to get Johnny to join in the fun, and most of the time he's up for it....





Absolutely have no idea where this was.
It was in Italy, this I do know.



Up against the wall, Dude!
Mr. J does love the shady side of the street.



In the hills above Cortona.

  

Sometimes I'll be all by my lonesome self, just taking a walk and playing with my camera....


Out in the countryside, somewhere...





This was way out in the middle of nowhere...
Johnny was down the way painting...
It was a fun day of adventure.



The signs are there, I just can't read them.
Johnny waits, always patiently.








Again, Paciano.
Watching wisteria come into full bloom.



Same spot as above, but opposite direction....
Johnny wants that building in the background for his studio.




Outside of Panicale, another classic mirror shot.
Johnny paints in the background.



  Boy, the one thing I do notice here is that I wear the same outfit everyday, for the most part. I am getting good at packing light, I guess!



Ahhh...Back together again, just the way I like it.
Baby, don't leave me alone.



  I especially like finding mirror shots in unexpected places.




Used furniture stores are always good for a mirror or two...




...thrift stores are great, too...



...and you can't go wrong at a favorite watering hole.
In Florence.


  We go on day trips all over the joint, so there are lots of mirrors to take advantage of. Mostly they are traffic mirrors, since there are blind driveways and sharp turns everywhere. Good for me!



Getting a little fuzzy.
Maybe one too many glasses of vino?
Never!

  As I look at these now, I realize that I have no idea what so ever where many of these Mirror Shots were taken. All I can say is this...I really don't mind.


What's not to love?





Down yet another 'white road'....
Just where we like to be at sunset.




Somewhere on a hill....




In an Umbrian Borgo...
.....that looks really familiar.




Ok, I couldn't resist taking a shot from the car.
That's us, in the silver Lancia.
No idea where we are here.




  Ok, I do believe I know where the rest of these were taken. Maybe.


Morning walk, again, in Paciano.
Village of many Mirror Shots.





Ahhh..Pienza.
Typically Tuscan!

Ummm...ok.
I don't know where, but maybe the morning walk to Missiano?




Bella Roma, in the rain.
Sigh. Two very happy, albeit wet, campers.


  Of course, the most classic, of all the classic Mirror Shots, is the mirror we see everyday, over and over and over again...
  The mirror we pass under on our morning walks to Paciano...
  The mirror across from the apartment where the nonna watches from her window, every day...
  The mirror that holds the view of Lago Trasimeno....
  The mirror that also holds the view of the benches and the  red chair, where the nonni sit and spend their sunny afternoons watching and talking...
  The mirror just outside the walls of Panicale.




No comments:

Post a Comment