Friday, May 26, 2017

This Evening In The Garden



  
  Well, we've been back home in California for two weeks now.
  Tough? Yes....but thankfully the garden has been my touchstone, as always.
 
  It's always hard to come back from two months in Umbria, and this year it's especially true. Now that we have our own place to return to, we just can't wait to go back, and kind of wonder why we can't just stay there.
  Upside, the gallery is doing great, we have already seen Mom & Dad, and gone to the San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art to see the amazing Matisse/Diebenkorn show.
  It's been a very busy two weeks, and we do love this side of our lives, too...of course.
 
  But...for me...it's the garden that has made all the difference in this transition.
  After the first real winter of rain in a decade, the garden is in her glory. I thank my garden guru, Pedro, as much as the rain. I can't imagine what a jungle it would be if not for him.
  His attention to detail is supreme, and the garden has never looked better.
  Pedro, dear friend, you ROCK.
 
  I have spent several hours over the last two weeks, between work and all, doing some puttering myself. Picking roses, cutting back this and that, planting tomatoes....just getting in there and getting dirt under my nails.
  It's everything to me.
  It's what I need to get connected here again.

  So, when we got home late from work at the gallery tonight, I walked out back and just breathed in the evening beauty... Thank you, dearest Garden...You may be small, but you are oh-so-mighty.


  I'll just let the pictures tell the story.
 



















































5 comments:

  1. THERE IS A LOT OF TASHA IN YOU OR A LOT OF YOU IN TASHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THERE IS A LOT OF TASHA IN YOU OR A LOT OF YOU IN TASHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. W The Heavenly Rain, Your Garden Grows & Flows *!* *!* *!* !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tranquil, happy place your garden is! I imagine myself sitting in those chairs around the fire pit on a mild evening, taking in the smells and sounds of frogs and crickets.

    ReplyDelete