Wednesday, May 8, 2019

An Ancient Grove Beckons



  We walk. 
  We are always looking for some new place to just walk and enjoy the views.
  The other day, we were on a road out there...a road off the beaten track, just strolling along, when I spied a cluster of wild orchids under some olive trees.



The road less traveled...


Springtime means wild orchids here!


  I love seeing these beauties, and it seems they pop up overnight...





 

We've walked this road before, but never really ventured off the pavement. In order to get up close to the orchids, we had to go out into the grove a bit, so I could take the photo, above.
  I'm so glad we did, because we looked to the side and noticed a small grove of the oldest and largest olive trees we'd ever seen...


Olive trees or Forest Creatures From Beyond...Way Beyond...?
Stare too long and you'll see figures in there.



  These were ancient trees...it was as though we'd stepped into a fantasy movie set from a whole other world.


Huge, old, magical...where are the Unicorns, man?



The most magnificent olive trees I've seen in my life.
Honestly.

 


  These trees have stories to tell. Lots and lots of stories.
  As I got closer, I began to notice some interesting details. Someone has been playing in this grove, and I was in love instantly.



Stacked stones in several of the trees...




  Me thinks there are gnomes in this here olive grove! Olive Gnomes!



Playing with rocks and branches is a very grand thing.
Who are you?

  The grove of ancients consists of only a handful of trees...maybe six or seven really old ones, but they made such an impact on us.
  The artworks of stones and branches was just a bonus. 


Who are you, and when did you do this? Do you recreate each spring?
I want to meet you!


Each tree had some type of 'structure' in it's interior space.
So cool. So glad we stumbled on these.


We are all trying to 'balance'.



  
Then, just to make it so much more perfectly extraordinary, more entrancing, more mystic...I spotted this little character, and she sat still just long enough for me to 'get the shot'.
  

Drop. The. Mike.
  Yeah, it was a pretty good walk.

1 comment:

  1. The stories they could tell. Maybe one of the oldest living things on earth?

    ReplyDelete