Friday, June 12, 2020

More From The Garden...And Musings On Life During Covid 19


  Wow.
  I was just starting a new blog post about the garden, now in late May/early June, and I came across this post from some weeks ago that I never published to the blog...
  A lot has changed since I wrote this, but one thing has not. My garden is my retreat, my solace, my peace.

  Enjoy, and know that more posts are on the way, after a long 'down time'...



  I think this was written in late April....

Anyway, I sure am enjoying my time in the garden. 
  Every day I have something to do. Leave it to a pandemic to give me the freedom to spend days and days, weeks and weeks enjoying being home and working in my garden...it's a gift that just keeps on giving. 
  
  When I started planning and planting this garden, some twenty+ years ago, I had no idea that I'd be here 24/7 'sheltering in place' in 2020. I feel so lucky to have my garden to find solace in. I have something to look forward to every day during this time of stress and uncertainty. 
  I can honestly say that my garden is saving me right now...emotionally and physically. I work myself to the bone each day. Most nights I can sleep the whole night through. Almost. 
  Thank god I have something to look forward to doing every day. I honestly don't know what I would do right now if didn't have my garden.

 I am one of those people that depends on a daily routine, and I have readjusted pretty well over the last few weeks. I mean, really...what else can I do? I write this little blog, not knowing if anyone even reads it...which is fine, honestly...because I'd still write it... writing and sharing my photos gives me a lot of pleasure. It's my creative outlet, and thank god I have one. Two, including my garden.

  Ok...moving on.
  The garden is coming into spring, showing off like the winner of this season of RuPaul's Drag Race! All dressed up in her finest! She's such a queen, and I'm proud to be in her court!


Texture and little details...



It's a 'Cottage Garden', for sure...







This bench was a birthday present for Johnny many years ago...
The bowls are baths for the birds...




One of our favorite places to sit and read.




And now, we actually have time to sit and read!





Love my Cercis' Forest Pansy'...the leaves are like little hearts...



See? So sweet!




This Viburnum just knocks me out!



I think I have a crush on my garden...is that ok?




Our little 'compound'...it's not a bad place to shelter.


Rose 'Sombreuil' gets better every day.


David Austin Rose 'Tamara'...great fragrance, too.

Can't live without herbs...


Another rose gone wild.


  I'm going to keep posting garden stuff. It's my life right now, and I'm loving it, so there you go.
  Stay safe, Dear Readers. We don't know what tomorrow, or next week, next month...will bring. I hope you have something in your life that brings you peace and joy during these trying times...


1 comment:

  1. As always, photos of your garden just knock me out! It's my dream garden, packed with variety and abundance, little nooks to contemplate in, pottery and statuary. You've truly made a sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete