Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Nut View


We'll be heading home tomorrow, and wanted to highlight the changes we've seen in the seasons over the past 3 months. 
This is our longest stay in Italy...ever, and we've never been here this time of year. 
I'm loving it, but it's getting too warm for the two of us.

We arrived at the end of winter and it's really the beginning of summer now. Watching the landscape go through all the color and texture changes has been a pure joy. 

So, I've selected a bunch of photos I've taken from our little terrace. From sunrises to sunsets, I've run outside to capture the light. I'll really miss the view...

One of the first things I do with our 'little terrace with the big view', is arrange pots and plant pretty things in them...I figured I'd show this change, as well...These little color spots give me lots of pleasure while we're here.























Because I wake up really early, I've been able to get some great shots at all times of the day...

Looking to the left...from late winter, through this morning. The sun sets in this direction.

















 




















Also to the left, but more towards the forest...

















The view straight ahead, over the fields and to the lake...this is what sold us on staying here at The Nut.




























Johnny's studio looks out to this view, and the road that winds out to the farm house below has been an inspiration in many of his paintings



















This year, the fields were filled with the bright yellow flowers of rape (rah-pay), a plant that makes seeds for oil. This was a real treat to see.












Finally, the sunrises and sunsets were incredible...



































We plan to return later this year...We'll see.
Thanks, Dear Nut! See you ASAP.

#thenutview
#gistellij44

1 comment: