Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Back Home In Umbria

    1. We've been here in Italy for almost two weeks. It's been a whirlwind.

    And, don't ask me why, but this blog site I have been using for years has decided it has a mind of it's own, so if any of the text looks wonky, please don't think it's because I've been drinking a bit too much wine (I have, but that's not the point). 

We arrived in Rome, which is our routine...so we can have a first night pizza at Pizzeria Remo.

As always, it was great..

The pizza here is always worth the hellish flight from California! 



Waking up in Umbria is also a pretty damn good prize. 
It was quite warm and muggy when we first got here, but now it's really pleasant.
It's nice to be back, connecting with our pals and getting settled in.



First sunrise in Umbria, September 2022.



It's always fun setting out to do some shopping. 


A very good haul, I'd say!






I look forward to fixing meals here, because I have the time to just have fun with the stuff we've found at the markets. 
The tomatoes are good, and we had some baked ricotta I bought in Rome, so our first night's dinner at The Nut was a typical bruschetta. Yum!








Grilling on the stove top here is really fun. I grilled up a bunch of eggplant to have around for lunch, or just snacking.
We had a lunch of the eggplant with some aged pecorino cheese and tasty tomatoes.
Not bad at all...



Besides chowing down, we've been enjoying our morning walks, as usual, and also driving around to see favorite spots.



I had to capture the hay 'bales' with these trees. We've always called them the walking trees.






Part of a favorite morning walk...



Back in the village, we were met by some new town characters...









These temporary sculptures are all over town. I love them.



It's great to be back. I hope we can get everything done we came to do this time.
We'll see!





More to come, if I don't get too frustrated with this blog site. Grr.
Anyway, stay tuned, and ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment