Monday, September 11, 2023

Getting Settled In...Finally!



Whew. 
It was a rather long flight here... but having a direct flight, San Fransisco-Rome, was great!
No pesky 4-5 hour layover! Big YAY! Sadly, our return trip will have that pesky layover, but I don't need to think about it right now.

I've had a rough entry....the amount of stress leading up to any of these trips is overwhelming, and the older I get...the more anxious and stressed out I seem to get. 
Anyway, I came down with my usual nasty head cold. Hey, it's my fault. I need to learn how to calm the heck down! And yes.. we wore masks the whole way...it is not covid. It's just loads of snot. Feeling much better now.

It's warm here. Much warmer than we are used to on the coast of California...so we get out early, nap and chill in the afternoon, then do stuff after the sun gets low in the sky. Learning a new routine is always good.

So happy to be back in our Nut...seeing this view...


You can see that it's dry.


We did an early morning walk the morning after we arrived (before the cold set in), and I was so happy to see some sunflowers still blooming! They bloom here in July, so we were lucky there were some showing their faces still!










Lots of bees and little orange butterflies were zooming around these beauties.



We arrived just before the big wine festival here in the village, so the piazza has been packed with people, music, noise and dancing. Fun to watch from a table tucked in a corner, but I'm glad it's over. I like the piazza best when it's quiet and not so many people ...






After spending a couple of days just laying around feeling funky, I finally feel better, so we are doing our early morning routine of walking. Where? Well, we have several routes we take, but most start by heading down the dirt road where we live. I love this view, too...





We had our traditional first night in Rome pizza, but once we're home here...we have a couple of local spots we like.
Below, two rather jet lagged folks waiting for dinner. We've been waiting for three months...


Where's my pizza?



Jeez, I look whooped!



Once pizza is in front of us, we are very, very happy campers! 



Johnny is like a kid! Pizza !!!


We both like our pizza cooked "ben cotta", well cooked...
I love this sweet onion pie with it's charred edges. Oh, yum.


Because we tend to eat and drink quite a bit more while here, we need these early morning walks. 
Now that we have joined the people who "count their steps",  it's all over, man. 
Back home, we walk twice a day now that we closed the gallery and work from home. We'll do it here, too. 
This morning, we hiked down the hill and through the fields below. It was cool and crisp and lovely.
I think I'm really feeling better!



I love this lone tree in the field. I've watch it go through a few seasons
over the years...




Wildflowers along the way...




And another favorite view. Part of a favorite morning walk.

 

It's wonderful to be back at The Nut, and I hope to do more writing.
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment