Sunday, June 24, 2012

You Asked For It: More Mirror Shots!


  Last year, when we returned from our first visit to Panicale and I started this blog, one of the favorite posts was  Mirror Shots. I understand, because our family and friends want to see us in the photos...not just a bunch of photos of food, gnomes, and beautiful countryside. And this is a damn good way to get the both of us in a photo, and fun.
  This year I went for the mirror shots a little, but must say that my darling Hubby was not as keen as I was to stop at every bloody mirror we came across. He was a really good sport about it last year, so I forgive him. I did manage to get a few good ones, though, and these are the best of the bunch for 2012. 
  (next year, I'm goin' for costumes.... Johnny will really hate it)


With our friends from home, outside of Panicale.



I like this one in Piegaro...I like the stone walls.






 

  I do like getting the shots that show nifty background scenes




A chilly afternoon in Monticchiello.

  I was sitting in the car reading, while Johnny painted nearby. After he finished and put away his stuff, I took note of this rearview mirror scene (below) that was great. Johnny kindly struck a pose for me.


In the fields near Pineta.

  Last year, I took a shot of this mirror just outside of Panicale, near the park. But I wanted it again, only this time with the spring flush of leaves on the trees....


Standing alone...


The first shot I took, I didn't even notice the "ape" covered in brambles.
A great shot of a great work vehicle!

We both love walking over near La Mura, close to Panicale.
The little chapel is so pretty.

  Every once in a while, by accident, I'll get a passing car in the shot, but never a person...
  The photo below is so cool because of the guy in the background. I didn't realize he was there until I looked at the finished product. I was just trying to get a good shot of Lago Trasimeno with Isola Polvese far back in the distance. The passing local adds a nice mysterious quality to this one.

Yeah, but what was he thinking?


Just a couple of goofballs hanging around at the corner of Bliss and Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment