Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Family & Such...


  I am overwhelmed by my feelings on family, after having just spent an enchanted wedding weekend with my loved ones.
  What can I say?..... We have this undeniable history in common, as most families do....time together as young ones, and these days, time so far apart as adults.
   I, for one, want to capture and save these few hours like the ephemeral moments they are....When will we share time like this again?
  I thank the lucky stars above that brought us together for a few days...
  Liz, Chris.... I can't thank you both enough for giving me the opportunity to connect with the folks I care so much about.... It's a crazy world we all live in, and being with family, especially somewhere so far from home, brings me back to a sweet sense of reality. A feeling of what is really important. 

  There's no place like home.

  Corny? You bet. But who can deny the pull of decades of familiarity.....the knowledge that we share, well.... at worst this gene pool... at best, this fantastic slide show of memories of: 
  Grandma & Grandpa Dottie,
  The Cabin, 
  Thanksgivings, 
  Christmas, 
  Weddings,
  Funerals,
  The big and the little stuff in life-

  We are together in this mortal coil, in so many ways.

  What may have seemed like just another (totally fantastic) wedding...Well, for this Auntie, Cousin, Daughter, Wife...This was the connection I needed with my family, my tribe, my history, as it stands. I am so much the richer for it. 

  My heart is wide open and full. 
  Is that so wrong? 
  I don't think so...
  I think it's pretty damn cool.
  

 
  
  
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment