Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lago Trasimeno





  It's so nice to have the luxury of time before a trip. I've given myself a few days to just take it down a notch, breathe, quiet my mind and experience gratitude for this wonderful life we live.
  Oh…. and pack, clean house, water the garden, pay bills, clear my desk at work…etc,etc,etc.

  I thought I'd whip out another quick post, too. 
  This would be about our beloved Lago Trasimeno. We realize that a big reason we have fallen so hard for this area is the lake. We live near the ocean, so we have a heart connection with large bodies of water. We feel the lake like we feel our ocean….

  We spent loads of time enjoying the views, walking the paths along the shore, sipping wine at various spots nearby. She is an influence in Johnny's work, of course. The lake is rich in history, and she is the soul of this area.

  I just enjoy watching the changes she goes through on any given day. Especially from a spot like this:

  
  


The sweet spot.
Il Pescatore, a great place to blow an afternoon...


  

A view from above. There are three islands, two which you can see here.
Panicale is just across the lake.



The beautiful town Castiglione del Lago,  juts itself out into the lake.
This is the biggest town nearby us.


  We have been told that the areas around the lake are crazy busy in the summer, but we have the place to ourselves when we visit. There is a gentleness to the life that revolves around the lake...


One of the many small fishing boats that supply the local trattorias with lake fish and eel. 




Mama keeps things in line.
I love seeing the centuries old towers in the background.
  




When the winds come up, as they will in March, we rush down to see the wind surfers out on the lake, getting crazy at times!







  I suppose my favorite thing about Lago Trasimeno is the constant changes she goes through, day to day, hour by hour. Between the clouds, the actual color of the water, the sunlight, the activity at the surface…it's a beautiful thing.





































  I could photograph all the details for the rest of my life. I would never get tired of it. 

  





Of course.
Frame it, baby.









I watched these young lovebirds as the prepared for an afternoon jaunt.
They had proseco and a small pic-nic basket….sigh.








Color, texture, a bit of age.
My kind of thing.





  The castles on the islands remind you that you are deep set in a place of historical significance. Blood was spilled here. Many times, and lots of it.
  We see it now almost as a play land…a fantasy of water, stone and light. 
  But it all has come at a cost.
















  As for my time here, my history in this magic place…I'll be happy to create a story that isn't quite so high drama.
  Just let me relax with my book, enjoy a warm touch of sun, and sip my wine.



See you in just a few, Dear Lago Trasimeno

No comments:

Post a Comment