Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday Morning Before Work




  The sun sort of came out this morning...Glory Be! 
  I was wasting a little time between getting ready for work, and going to work.
  I figured, what the heck...I'll take a few more pictures of the ever changing garden, and maybe write a quick post today.

Ta-DAH!


  First stop, a couple of Italian ceramic items in the kitchen I just had to share-



We bought these 14 years ago in Montelupo...
We were with Mom & Dad, and they were showing us some favorite spots.


A 'must take home' from the Venice Biennale, 2013.
This poster puts a big smile on my face.
Every morning.

  
  Next stop, the compost bins to do some kitchen scrap recycling. So, why not take this picture of the potting shed/bicycle house?
  My darling-est hubby in the world built it for me around twenty years ago.
  Bless his heart.


Mostly made from recycled wood that a contractor pal tossed our way.
Cool! 


  So what was happening in the garden this morning?

'John Cabot' rose. Once he lived in the ground, and was not doing so great, so he was cut way back
and put into a large container. He's happier now.

  In my last blog post, there are lots of garden shots, but I also wrote about harvesting and eating some of our Italian purple artichokes.
  Those that are still on the plants are being left to flower.  They look pretty amazing right now...
  Check out the thorny spine things they have! Man, do they let you know that they don't want to be messed with!
  OUCH.




Great graphic design, Mother Nature!



A wee baby. Still a danger, though.
Spiky little thing.






They are like claws, man. Really dangerous claws.
Even the foliage is nasty. I've learned not to wear shorts around these bad boys.



Then there were just some little garden moments...



This succulent has finally taken hold.
I was starting to give up on it...so glad I didn't.
I love it's 'spider web' look.

These are buds from a member of the onion family,
but more of the ornamental type. Bulbs I planted years ago.
They come up all over, and are really beautiful.
You'll see soon enough.


I just can't get enough of this pot-o-succulents!



  The succulents along the front walkway and sidewalk are out of control right now.
  I don't mind one bit.



I took (well, I stole...from a friend who wasn't looking) a small cutting of this lovely gal many years ago, and now she thrives in various areas of my garden.
I have passed her along many times to friends and neighbors.

  Also all along the front fence/sidewalk...these fine ladies, in all their prettiness.
  These make excellent arrangements, either alone or with grasses...anything.

They are getting in the way of passers by, so I started cutting some back this week. For bouquets, etc.



Kinda pretty, right?



  So that was my Friday morning before work.

1 comment:

  1. what a great way to start your day. I just love your garden.

    ReplyDelete