Sunday, November 3, 2019

Last Morning Walk, Autumn 2019



  Having been here for a major change of season, it's amazing to walk through the same fields that were so full of aging sunflowers, sorghum in bloom and various field greens, that are now turned under and ready for the next crops.

  I do love seeing the fresh tilled soil...




A great color combo...blue sky and dirt brown.
Johnny.....?






  
  Of course, the light has changed dramatically, as well. Here in Italy, we changed the clocks a week ago, so it's nice and light earlier, but dark by 5pm almost.

  I like being out really early, to catch that morning light.




A favorite farmhouse in the fields below The Nut.

Beautiful. To me, anyway...

I took these photos just a couple of days ago.
I noticed some fresh green sprouts already coming up this morning.




I'll miss watching these beauties go ultra yellow, dang!




I love the yellow vineyards with the silver olives.



Johnny is happy that these long walks are coming to an end!



Pretty.



Just a touch of green coming up.



I like the shadows here...



A piece of heaven.


  We are packed and good to go, though we want to stay forever. Next stop, Rome for a night.
  I do look forward to seeing my family back home, and my garden...friends, of course, too. As always, we struggle with living in two places and at the same time we love this crazy lifestyle we've created. It's totally worth all the challenges, and I guess we wouldn't want it any other way.
  
  I'll be posting more about food and various adventures we've had here after we get back to the states. I'll have more time then.
  See ya soon, California.


No comments:

Post a Comment