Thursday, March 28, 2024

Windows and Shrines


Last week while it was sunny and warm, we took a drive to a nearby spot so Johnny could paint. I always have a book ready, but it was just so nice out, I walked up to visit a couple of my favorite ruins nearby. I never get tired of seeing them, and each year they are a little more....ruined.

On a blue day, seeing the sky through the open ceiling is spectacular. That color contrast and the texture of the bricks and stone really work for me.














There was a roof there at some point in time...



These old gals just become another place for weeds and fig trees to root. It's pretty great.








Often, the brambles won't let me get near. I'm ok with that.






I guess they will disappear at some point, becoming a pile of debris under brambles. In the meantime, I'll keep visiting and taking photos.

I've dubbed these "Ladies Of The Fields", and have several posts written about many of them. These old abandoned buildings are all over the countryside. I assume it's cost prohibitive to take them down. 
Some are used to house farm equipment, but so many are just....there. Empty except for birds and other critters.




 

On another day last week, we took an extra long morning walk, which took us by several shrines. Again, I've probably taken photos of most of these in the past, but they are so lovely. I like to share.



That detail on the side is nice.



"Can I offer you a plate of eyes?"




Someday, I want our bedroom ceiling painted this blue, with golden stars.






My favorite one that day...










Hope you enjoyed this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment