Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A Couple Of Solo Walks


Last week, Johnny was having a little issue with his knee, so he took a couple of days off doing our Morning Walk.
I decided I'd just head out on my own, and I really enjoyed listening to my podcasts and enjoying the scenery.

I stayed on the dirt roads, as I did not want to run into any critters by myself. I did see a jackrabbit one morning, which was pretty darn cool. Mostly, I just cruised along at my own pace.

Here are some things I saw over the couple of lonely mornings out there.


Some gorgeously textured succulents against this corrugated metal wall...









Lovely views of the farmlands and hills in our neck-o-the-woods...




 

A field of rape (pronounced "rah-pay") being grown for seed, which will then be ground for oil...




A fantastic spiderweb in the morning dew...



More views of the fields below "The Nut", where we live...







I am so gobsmacked by the various wild grasses here...the textures and colors just blow my mind...









I love the grasses and wild red poppies together!














And who doesn't love a perfect dandelion after it's flowered?
I believe it's a perfect end to my solo walks.





More to come! Please stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment