Monday, April 18, 2011

Me And Food

   I love to eat. Have I mentioned that? Ask anyone who knows me...spend more than 15 minutes chatting with me and I will turn to the subject of food somehow.
  Most of my favorite films have great food scenes in them. In the film "Big Night", right near the end, there is a scene in which the Stanley Tucci character whips up some scrambled eggs for his brother and the kitchen helper. Just eggs in hot olive oil. No dialogue. It takes mere seconds to cook the eggs and plate them up. So simple. To me, this is the best "food in film" scene ever. It really sums up my feelings about food, on a few levels.
  The food I love is usually simple.
  Food should be made to share.
  Food can heal.
  Food is family.

  Below are some shots of meals we made at home on our recent trip. These photos give an idea of the way I like to prepare food. Eating out is another story altogether, and I plan to share some of those moments soon.
  The food photos will be a recurring event here at Live Pronto, I'm sure.
  I think I hear my stomach growling...








The little alimentari we shopped at all the time. It was just down the way from the apartment.
We went to the local open markets, too.


One of the many lunches we enjoyed on the balcony.

A fine lunch of cheeses with fig jam, pear, and the best roasted- in- the- shell almonds I have ever tasted.

Sunday lunch.

Tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella, capers and arugula.

A rainy day lunch...roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts on arugula, with yummy black olives.

1 comment:

  1. Janelle, You're making me hungry!
    Great little blog!
    Mariya

    ReplyDelete