Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day, 2011

  It's so lovely today. A real Spring day... without the gnarly winds we've had earlier this week. Blue sky, warm sun. Just wish I could be in the garden, instead of at my work desk. Instead, I'll share a few shots I took this morning, before coming to work.. and I'll look forward to spending a bit of time in the garden this evening.
  Happy May Day!


English rose "Tamara"

I've always loved old fashioned cottage pinks. The fragrance is something between
cinnamon, vanilla, and fresh baked cookies.

I love this rose.. "Lavender Lassie". It looks so good climbing through
the burgundy leaved Dodonaea.

Finally! Blooms on my variegated iris. I've waited 3 years.

I love my Japanese maples.

The new growth is always stunning on the maples. 

One of the "cento uccelli" (100 birds) our house is named after.

No comments:

Post a Comment