Monday, March 11, 2013

When Things Go A Little, Well...Wrong



  My dear readers, if you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you will be sure of at least two things.
1) I love Italy... Panicale, Umbria in particular &
2) I love my food.

  As I sit here this afternoon, I am enduring the 6th day of a nasty stomach something. Flu? Parasite? Evilest ever joke from HELL? I don't know. But I can't eat. I eat, and I suffer horrendous cramping. Nothing else, just these hellacious cramps. So I sit sipping f-ing chamomile tea...cup after cup after cup. Oh, sure...I mix it up with room temperature water now and again, just for fun. Half a banana every other day or so. Livin' large in Italy, my friends...

  The first couple of days were brutal, with the body aches, etc. But now, I'm just getting peeved. I feel ok to go out and play, but have zip desire to wine or dine. Sad, so very sad. I worked so hard to drop some pounds in a good, healthy way before we left, just so I could put away some fine Umbrian pasta. Now, I am looking a little icky, and could use a plate-o-pasta or three.
  Cruel, that's all I can say. So hence the lack of photos of fabulous meals out, or cooked at home. I mean, I guess I could take a picture of this F#%*ING mug of tea....sorry, I'm mad.

  So on top of my feeling like doo-doo, the weather has been cold, grey and wet. Sigh. So I suppose I could find the silver lining in the fact that...at least I'm not sick during the gorgeous weather I'm sure is to come.
  When the sun does peep out for a few hours, it's a dream scene, I'll tell you. There will be photos to come of some high drama clouds, and such. We've taken some nice drives, and even good morning walks in the brisk windy weather. The views are incredible.
 I just wish I felt, oh, 75% ok.

 So, it isn't always sunflowers, balmy days and endless meals with fine wine here in Umbria. But I sure hope it will be sooner than later.

 In the meantime, I know I have to just ride this damn thing out, drink plenty of fluids and dream of the pasta to come my way very soon.

  Reporting from the couch, in my jammies...waiting for the rain to stop.

  (Oh, there go the bells.... that's nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment