Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Little Rain….A Little Drive



  A little rain……Sigh.
  Those of you who have followed this blog for the last few years know two things:
  I am afraid of thunder & lightening &
  We had way too much rain on our last trip here.

  Ironic, because back in California, where we live, there has not been rain for months and months. Our Governor has declared a state wide emergency. We would kill for a little rain.

  So, with this in mind, I couldn't help posting these two videos I took yesterday.
I reality, we had taken a lovely drive up to Castel Rigone, an old hill town way up above Passegnano sul Lago. The views from there were as awesome as Aldo, our guru when it comes to day trips, had promised.
  
We spent about two hours here, just walking the streets, and having the requisite glass of wine at the local watering hole….
  Sure, there were some clouds out there, but it was nice and warm, with nothing in the way of wind.





Looking in to the main Piazza, Castel Rigone.
See the sun? The pretty blue skies?



Another photo of a beautiful day in Castel Rigone…..



  Looking back, I'm so glad we left when we did…it would have been a scary and for me, quite brutal, drive down those extremely narrow and winding roads that hugged the cliffs…no railings to be seen,
 in the rain we came across later!




  Anyway, it was nice enough to stop in San Feliciano for another glass of wine, and a quick visit with our pal, who works at our favorite cafe there. We could see that the sky was getting darker, and it also looked like it was coming down, across the lake in Castiglione del Lago. Where we were sitting, it was still nice….people strolling in the park, kids playing all over the place. Nice!




Getting ready to enjoy a late afternoon glass of vino, with my book.
(ps…I love how they always bring you treats, too)






I had to take my yearly "frame" shot, and it captures the clouds
on their way, too….



I was even able to do one of my favorite things …playing with ant hills.
What can I say, it's the ever-present
 thirteen year old boy in me…..


  While we were just starting to think about heading back to Panicale, I felt a couple of raindrops, which got us moving faster. We paid up our bill, and within minutes, it began to get serious. I was so happy that we found had scored a parking place close by!

  The heavens opened wide, and we were in the throes of it! 
  
  In the first video, we are stopped at an area that had a big mud slide, from before. But the workers are still at it, so they have only one lane open, so we were waiting for the light to turn green. We had already been treated to one very good crack of thunder, so I was pretty nervous, though it sounds like I'm having a fun time!







  Just a mile or two later, we are soon seeing the blue skies, in the direction of Panicale, and you can watch as the rain really eases up.






  The weather in March can be crazy, for sure. We expect to have a few colder, windier and wetter days, but it's all fine. We have had fantastic days so far, and know that it will only get better soon.

  It's just Umbria in the Springtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment