Thursday, October 7, 2021

Fun At The Flea Market


Going to the flea markets and/or antique markets here in Italy is a total blast. I've posted a few times in the past about these fun days, and I'm so glad things haven't changed about the markets since the dreaded covid. 

Well, people are wearing masks, and there is hand sanitizer all over the place, but that's an ok change.

We always deliberate over whether to go or not....we don't really need anything, but it's such fun just looking at what we could bring home!


Sure, it's a pile of 'junk', but what cool junk!




I'm always, always tempted by these old pots and buckets.
If it's rusty, even better.



These markets generally run one weekend or Sunday a month, and they can range from just old flea market stuff to really fine antiquities. We enjoy them all. It's a nice day out, and you just might find a real treasure.

This past Sunday, we left really early, and stopped along the way for Johnny to paint. I'm posting about his painting adventures here in Umbria on our gallery blog...

Anyway, we left early, and by the time we got to the market, things were humming right along. There were loads of venders, and it was warm!



One of several streets of vendors at the market. It's huge!


Italians seem to love weird American kitsch culture...of course. You see lots of toys from our youth, as well as film memorobilia and music collectables. Vinyl is big...records, I mean.





Oh so tempting. Also creepy.


I'm always looking at the old rusty tools. This trip I did pick up a cool boot scraper. I don't know if I'll keep it here, or haul it back to California. 






Our place here, The Nut, is small, and we can't really bring in anymore furniture, but it's always fun to look. We've pretty much bought all we need...right????






I don't know....On the other hand, I'm thinking we may really need this!!!


Anyway, we had a fun day, stopped at The Best Bar In The World on our way home, and made it back to The Nut in one piece.
I'd say it was a successful day out! Can't wait to see where we go next...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment