Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Walking & Wildflowers

For those of you that know me, you know I love a good walk. In California, Johnny & I have our morning walking routine, and we try to continue it here in Umbria. 
Now that I have an actual 'smartphone', I can count my steps, so of course I'm obsessed with it.

Mainly we walk to stay healthy, burn the many calories we are taking in, and to enjoy the always changing landscape here.

Until today, we've had pretty good weather. Cold and crispy in the morning and evening, and downright warm in the afternoon. We are happy that we woke up to wet weather this morning. The fields are so dry, even this soft drizzle today will help. Hopefully, we get some real rain later. 

So, instead of walking this morning, I'm enjoying a second cup of coffee, sitting in front of the fire writing this. Yay!


We have several 'morning walks', and I've been taking my usual photos along the way. There are also a bunch of wildflowers out now, so I'm including these photos in this post, too...




I didn't realize I was capturing a ray from the heavens above...
I just love this view!



The olive trees are so pretty with the green fields.




I don't imagine I will ever get tired of these vistas.




Looking out over the fields towards the lake 
and hills beyond.


I went walking while Mr. J was painting a few days ago, and as almost always, I was keeping an eye out for porcupine quills. Bingo! 
It's been some time since I've posted a video, so let's see if it works. This will be a first time, I think, posting with video from the smartphone...





Since I can't resist the wildflowers on display right now, I figured I'd share the love-





We pass masses of these beauties.



I think this is a type of Hepatica...



Again, don't know what type of tree this is, but it's amazing!



We have something similar at home...



There are loads of these 'wild' grape hyacinth in the fields & woods now.



Also loads of wild violets! Not super fragrant, but masses of them.



A beautiful color combo from Ma Nature-
Dandelions and hardy geraniums. Tiny, but mighty!



Last, but certainly not least, the marguerite daisy.
So simply perfect. Here at The Nut, the front garden is a field of them right now.
Thank you, Nature Gods!




No comments:

Post a Comment