Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Still Getting Settled....In An Unsettled World


I've been having a tough time creating my blog posts, or I'd be posting more often. It's poor internet connections, lack of wifi, and a new format that takes forever to upload photos.

So, be patient, and I'll do my best!

At this moment, we are sitting up in bed in a wonderful hotel in Florence. Being here is a gift from pals back home, and we thank them so much! I'll be posting about our days here in the near future.

Since the hotel has good wifi, I've taken advantage and uploaded a bunch of shots from the last couple of weeks back at The Nut, and just day to day stuff we've been up to.

It's such a trip being here during covid. So strange to walk around seeing everyone either wearing masks or sporting them on their elbows, which is what people do here. Masks at the ready, because you have to wear them inside or in crowds. Seems most people have no problem with this....but of course there are folks who are anti vax/ anti mask, just like in the states.
Oh, well.

Mostly, we're settling in. Doing what we do....



Johnny keeps kicking my butt at dominoes!


I keep kicking his butt at foosball!





Working in the garden lots, with my faithful companion, Nemo.



Nemo is starting to show his age....sigh.



We've done some getting around, mostly to our regular places. Johnny has started getting his art supplies together and readying the studio. 

We love having our down time to relax with wine and a good read, mostly.













I've been doing some cooking, but haven't really gotten started yet. It's been hot (for us, that is!), and I just haven't been super excited to cook or eat yet.
The last couple of months were really stressful, and it's taking me some time to settle down and chill out. I'm getting there, slowly.




We had some good fresh pasta with truffles from a friend. Yum!



House sitting for pals with a lovely view... Nice!


 
Dinner at The Nut from a week or two ago..
Grilled veg with toast and soft cheese...some leftover panzanella.
Perfection, man.



Close up....mmmmmmm!




Pizza from our favorite local joint.



Still getting our morning walks in. I love the light, and really enjoy the freshness of the air.
It's a great way to start our days, and my anxious little brain needs the routine.

There is always something to take a photo of....



The tiles are everything...with the green ivy.



Now that's a weeping willow!



I love these blue wildflowers...they are all along the roadsides.



More roof tile action.
Color combo perfection!


Honestly, I never get tired of the views here. Everyday it's different. The clouds, the sunlight, the weather.
Back home it's pretty much the same everyday. Here, it changes by the hour.













We house sat some friend's kitty for a week. That was new. 
It was fun because the house is lovely, with different views than our little place, and we had a kitty for a week that slept with us!
I love the purring bundle of fur in the middle of the night....I miss that.







The sunsets from their patio were lovely, too...









We left straight from the house sitting gig to come here to Florence, and I'm missing The Nut and her little details...


First morning light ....



A bathroom vignette...



We'll be back at The Nut tomorrow, and I know we'll finally settle down. We've been here three weeks already, and we just haven't gotten into the groove yet. Thankfully, we're here for awhile, so there's plenty of time to just relax, cook, read, walk, paint and enjoy this amazing life we've created.

Stay tuned. 








2 comments:

  1. I need to see this post this morning......glorious Umbria! Grazie mille Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so look forward to your posts and photographs! That first picture of J. with his blue shirt -- bello! Everything through your eyes is a treat -- the food, the countryside, etc. Thank you for catching us up while in Florence!

    ReplyDelete