Friday, September 10, 2021

Still Loving The Morning Walks...And Lunch



Well, Dear Readers....I want to thank you for your kind words of encouragement after my last post. I will try my best to keep the posts coming, and get back into my lil' bloggy!

If you've followed over the past 10+ years, you know Johnny & I love to take early morning walks, and this year is no exception.
We walk here in Umbria, as well as back home. We like to eat and we're terribly vain. Enough said. Calories in, calories out!

In the early mornings, we beat the heat. We just aren't used to 80 degree weather, so we are up and out asap. It makes for nice light, too...

Here are views from a couple of walks this past week (What?!? Yes, it's been a week!)





The long drive down to the main road...




One of my absolute fave spots.


Walking in the fields.

Our place is way back there!



Must always be stylish...hehehehehe.


I love this time of year, when the fields have been turned, waiting for the next crop. 










Beautiful light on these grapes.



Morning Glories in a nearby garden.

 

We are not breakfast people. Coffee....yes, but I can't eat in the morning. 
Our routine is walk, work in the garden (me) & studio (Mr.J ), then think about lunch.

We do love our 'lunches with a view' from The Nut's small but mighty terrace! 
New to the blog? We call our little bit of Heaven "The Nut". 


Egg salad & arugula salad with grilled bread. Solar lights are getting juiced up.



A perfect lunch at home. I love egg salad, and we get them fresh as can be.



Later, more garden puttering with an audience.
Johnny & Nemo. A good first half of a day.

I look forward to being more present here. It's been a hell of a year, and I am desperate to get my self back together. I want to breathe more, drink less, stop the constant worrying and learn to relax.

That's a heavy lift, but if there's anywhere I'll get it done, it's here.

Stay safe, Dear Readers.

1 comment:

  1. oh, I'm so happy you are back at the Nut! Your lunch view is exquisite. And so is your lunch.

    ReplyDelete