Monday, September 28, 2015

Venice Moments: 9/27/15



  I am really loving taking photos while we are just walking around, on our way here or there…or while we are taking a break, or having a bite to eat…just the regular moments that happen in a day, here in Venice. 
  Especially with my new camera. 
  I will keep the old one, just because I am that kind of gal. My old camera was a trooper. A real work horse. It survived so many trips across the pond, as well as just around our neck of the woods. 
  What can I say…sometimes I just sort of get attached.

  Anyway..I am still in the 'learning curve', tumbling around with my new camera. It has a fancy-pants touch screen, all sorts of doodads and what-nots…I really have no idea of it's potential yet. But I am slowly figuring it out, and having some big fun as I do so.

  Yesterday we spent a big part of the day viewing artwork at the Arsenal venue of the Biennale. I hope to continue posting some art related stuff over the next few weeks…But this post is all about nothing much…just the in-between stuff.

  We did a bunch of walking around before and after all the art….




Early in the morning, the street where the apartment is.
No one about yet, so it's nice and quiet.



   The colors of the buildings are so gorgeous, and they seem to just blend beautifully. One of my favorite combos, below, is nearby, so we pass it almost daily...











  We walked through Piazza San Marco to get over to the other side of the island where the Arsenale is. On the way, we had a bit of fun just poking around.





Johnny giving the lions some love.






The Campanile





I love the clock tower the most.




I want our bedroom ceiling painted
with this blue…and also the gold stars.



  After several hours cruising through the Arsenale section of the Biennale, we took the long..and I mean really long…way home.
  The walk included several stops for resting to paint, drink a bit of wine and munch on this and that. My kind of long walk home.

  Along the way, there were things to see and photos to take.





A sweet spot way over there somewhere...





A little break that includes wine... and work, for Mr. J, at least.




Making it work.





Hedgehog!
I love my friend the Hedgehog….




Not exactly a hedgehog, but a cool dude nonetheless…
Some street art, Venice style.




 So, of course it's beautiful…It's Venice, for god's sake. 
  Therefore, I must include some pretty shots of prettiness we came across whilst winding our very long way home yesterday evening….



Tasty reflections...




Perfect light coming on after a cloud filled day…
This is looking towards the cemetery and  Murano from the Fondamenta Nuove.



  There are always stunning canals and bridges to take shots of..





Really.




The sweet time of the day.




Another bridge, another reflection.
I will never get tired of this.


  Since we walked all day, we were thinking some canal side cicchetti might be just what we needed for an early dinner break.
  We had walked past this place the day before, and it looked promising, so we made a point to start heading into that general area again.

  I am so glad we did. I will not even name this already super popular bar, because I want to get an actual seat/table next time.
  We ended up sitting on the steps of the canal while we had our dinner…no big deal, but a table would be nice some day. They have tons of vegetarian options, so we just had the kind fellow behind the bar fix up two mixed plates that we could share.
  It was great.




Fried zucchini flowers, along with all sorts of veg goodness.




Like I said…I wouldn't mind a table next time…just a thought.
It was big fun, in all honesty.


  After chowing down in a grand way, we took the still long walk home. It took forever, but we needed to walk off that dinner. 

  What fun to just eat, drink, walk miles and miles…See good art, make good art…even play dominoes. I'd say that this has been a fine adventure so far.
  Weather permitting, we'll keep up the pace.





Add caption

1 comment:

  1. that meal looks fantastic! you've got some beautiful shots, here. I've never been, but I imagine I would be saying (like all the time), "oh! oh! there's a shot I want to get!"

    ReplyDelete