Saturday, March 11, 2017

Me & Art Continued



  Still somewhat jet lagged, we have started trying to get into some kind of routine. Coffee in bed, a morning walk, some chores...Johnny is still setting himself up for painting, so that has not started yet.
 
  We like to find somewhere interesting to visit, and yesterday it was Il Giardino dei Lauri, in nearby Citta Della Pieve. We visit at least once a year, since this fantastic contemporary art collection is only a twenty minute drive for us. There is usually something new every year.
  It's free, and it's very cool.

  There are many pieces I like, and they are almost all installation works. Johnny prefers paintings, while I get excited about installations. I am blown away by the thought that someone came up with it. Color, texture, sound, and motion turn on my senses, big time. The concept often has much to do with my interest, but is just as often lost on me. It's ok...I just know what I like.
  Humor is always welcome.
   Yesterday I shot a few videos. No photos this time.


  Wu Tsang 
  "His Master's Voice"  2004




Samara Scott 
"Aquarelle Gastebuch 1"  2004







  This final video features one piece I really like, along with a general sweep around one main gallery.
  It begins with:
   Gianluca Concialdi 
  "Padiglione arrotolato"  2014





  The collection is free to the public, and only open on Fridays and Saturdays.
  http://www.ilgiardinodeilauri.it/it.html

No comments:

Post a Comment