Friday, March 31, 2017

The Garden Center



  When it comes to garden centers, either here in Italy, or back in California, I've never met one I didn't want to poke around in.
  I love checking out all the 'stuff'-plants, pots, fertilizers, weird accessories for the outdoor living room, etc.
  There is this one garden center about thirty minutes away that we have driven past a bunch of times, and on this particular day, decided to stop and check out. We didn't need to be anywhere at any certain time, the weather was great, and spring has sprung hereabouts. Perfect.

  The very first thing to catch my eye was this gorgeous viburnum in a large nursery can...it had blooms that were softest shade of pink, with a fragrance that made me sigh. I love the fragrant viburnums, and hadn't seen this one before. I have something similar in my garden, but the blooms are snow white.





The color is so beautiful.

  Once inside, we were blown away..it went on and on with different greenhouses and gift areas...


This area had succulents and cactus.




Lots of tables with annual color



Lots of varieties of herbs.


Fun pots.


Ummmmm...everything from hedgehogs to chimpanzees....



Just in time for Easter.




And last, but not least...statuary.


  We had fun, bought a couple of things(no, not the hedgehogs or the statue of David), jumped back in the car and continued our adventure for the day.
  Big fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment