Friday, March 10, 2017

Street Art In Florence




  Walking through the streets of Florence, you will see all types of street art...I always enjoy the artwork of 'Blub', which you see everywhere. There are always new characters to search out.
  These, below, are a collection from about three years of taking photos. 
  After finding four new ones, I thought it was time to share-



 











  The next four are new to me. Just found them Tuesday night.




















  Seems the gangs all here, when it comes to Blub!









  There is someone known as 'Exit/Enter', that creates the charming little stick man. I'm not certain whether these are art from this person, but many are. Almost always black and red, some with balloons or hearts...











  




  




  Stencils are everywhere. They can be really simple, but also just a jumping off point for more creative add-ons. Including rude statements and overlays from other people.





















  I saw these about three years ago, all in the same area. They are works on paper, then pasted to the walls. There are lots of paper/pasted works all over Florence.
  Like posters, they eventually get ripped and torn to shreds, but this can be kind of interesting as part of the process. To me, anyway.

  These are Da Vinci machines in a whole new world.













  I found a bunch of these wacky women with big hair this year. Here are three favorites.














  Just more random images we've come across here and there in Florence. 



























  It wasn't until I downloaded these photos that I noticed the bikes in this next one. Genius.








   A mash up of a few artists on the wall, below. Big images, too.









  Of course there are political statements throughout the streets. Lots.










  Some are spot on...at least until they are 'white washed' by outside influences.






   In the end, I believe this dude says it all-


"You know where I can find a dose of Art?"




No comments:

Post a Comment