Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Walking In The Fields



  Any of my regular readers know that I love a good stroll down a dirt road. Here, in Umbria, or back home in California. When the weather is good, it's even better.
  This past week the temperatures hovered around 65 degrees, which is so perfect for a walk. The earlier winds have cleared things up, so the late afternoons are just gorgeous.
  While johnny sets up and starts working, I'll snap a few photos of him, make a video or two, then head in whichever direction looks the best and has the least amount of mud or brambles...or both.
  I have my camera from a couple of years ago ...I bought it in Venice after my old one finally conked out. It's been a great little tool...lots of features like micro, panorama and 'fancy' artsy options. I love making short videos with it, too.

  Sadly, this year I've noticed it has some weird dots on the lens that I can't get rid of, so forgive me. You'll only notice on videos, which there is at the end of this post. I know the dots are there, and it's making me crazy. Hope it doesn't make you crazy, too...and if anyone knows how I can fix this, leave me a message, please!

  Back to the sweetness of the fields.

  I look for a long shot that has interesting shapes and light....



I can't get enough of the rows of trees without leaves...














On the left, in the background,  a glimpse of Castiglione del Lago.





Italian Cypress and Umbrella Pine are always good together.



Three old souls.




I like the lines here.






Haze from burning olive clippings adds a nice softness. Our throats and eyes suffer, though.




Everything I look for.



 A little bit of Primavera in the olive grove.

  A few moments alone in the fields is all I need sometimes. The views, smells and sounds...me like.
  I'm always asked "And what do you do while Johnny is working...?"

  This is pretty much what I do....



 


  It's just enough, too.

1 comment: