Saturday, November 4, 2017

Autumn In Umbria 2017




  As a couple of somewhat wacky Californians living on the central coast of said state, we don't often see the changes of the seasons. There is some color change, and some of the trees lose their leaves, but unless we take a drive out to the local valleys, the coastline stays pretty much the same all year.
  (Oh, I just know I'm gonna get some slack over this broad statement, but what can I say. I long to see the vibrant color changes I see in photos from back east, or up north.)

  Returning to Umbria in November is such a mind-bend...the landscape we are so accustomed to in March, April and May is totally different. I knew it would be, but the fact of actually seeing this is really something else.
  We were just here in July...another mind-bending change...How could it be again so different?
  I love Mama Nature!
  
  We just arrived yesterday, so today we took a drive around the local area, just to soak it all in. We leave for Venice and the Biennale tomorrow, and with rain in the forecast, I thought the leaves would all be gone when we return. This drive was a must.
  So glad we did it!
  Here are just a few shots of the fields around town...



















  In my opinion, the grey skies just add to the feeling of overall mystery. That grey with all the orange and yellow...whoa.
  It feels like we are under a soft blanket-it's not cold yet, just grey and misty. A bit of rain, no wind.    So different from spring. Very tranquil, all around.





Back to town for a glass of wine with a pal,
Johnny is very happy. Me, too.


  We had to walk the walls, and visit a favorite garden of a friend...









Persimmons are all over the joint!
Here they are called 'kaki"




Of course I filled my pockets...who wouldn't???




  After visiting the village, we went down the other side of the hill to see more of the fields and color...
















I love this shot...




Everyone is happy to have a bit of rain after many months of drought.




'The Road To Adventure'... a favorite spot for Johnny to paint.







Farmhouse in the fields.




Another special scene, made even more special with autumn color.




The grasses and leaves of the trees together... it just kills me.




Oh, yum.




The 'Grand Lady Of The Fields'.
Panicle in the background.




  Back home, late afternoon, I enjoyed the views from our little terrace... to the max.










  
  Johnny, on the other hand, enjoyed reconnecting with Nemo! A perfect match, me thinks...



Two very happy campers.




Our stairway to heaven...


  Next stop, Florence... then on to Venice. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment