Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Florence In Bloom




  We needed to hop the train and head back to Florence for more art supplies.
  My husband, Johnny, has been on a tear painting here in Umbria, and he ran through the last batch of oil paint pretty fast. Good for him!

  Good for me, too...I had a feeling we'd see some good spring blossoms coming on, and we did!
  A perfect day of Art and Garden!

  Just walking the streets, I spotted these beauties...
















  Of course, what's a day trip without a rest stop that includes a glass of wine...?








  It was my idea to walk over to the  Bardini Gardens, since I wanted to see if the wisteria were blooming...We were a little early, but it is perfect timing for the redbud (Cercis) trees! They are in their glory right now!



























Here you can see the long tunnel of wisteria just starting to bloom...



See the wisteria on the top right?


Not in full color quite yet...I may have to go back in a week or so!


Still impressive from above, though!
A good shot, for sure.



Thanks, Firenze, for another fine day...

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful there! Our redbuds are in bloom here, one just outside in our communal garden. The wistera are blooming as well. Your photos are so wonderful to look at. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete