Friday, April 5, 2019

Walking...Always Walking


  You all are probably tired of these posts about walking here in Umbria.
  I'm sorry...we just walk so much, and I really like paying attention to our surroundings. I like to capture that moment...the light that morning, or some little flowering shrub I haven't seen. 
  Springtime is popping all over now, and the landscape changes so fast. I try not to miss a beat, you know?

  This week we have had some really good rain-much needed rain-here, so the next couple of weeks things will be exploding around the area. I can't wait!

  When we leave the house for a walk, the first moments are right outside the door (and down 30+ steps!). The yard is looking so gorgeous with all the daisies blooming...



The front path.


  We've always loved walking up to the old church/cemetery above the village. It'a local favorite stroll, for sure...



Rosemary pouring over an old wall.


  I like to see what's coming up. Interesting plants I often don't know, with cool textures and such...














  This walk has a very classic view of the village. 





Nice combo.



Getting ready to bust out all over!



This is the earliest I've seen the red poppies blooming...


  Another regular morning walk we like is just down to the local apple farm and back. We love to buy the roasted almonds there. Plus, it's got the best long driveway in the world...This was a windy day, so it's a noisy video...Sorry!







Apples in bloom right now.



Pretty!



Huge, old apple tree on the side of the road.


  These walks always give us an appetite, so we indulge!
  I roasted a bunch of potatoes and onions and a few bell peppers. Perfect over arugula, with a dusting of parmesan and tomatoes on the side.
  We love our vegetarian life, I gotta say-




  Now the weather has gotten cold and wet, so we may not walk for a day or two.
  I think I'll make some soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment