Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Getting Settled In



  Feels like Home Sweet Home....
  The Nut is so cozy and warm now, with the new Jotul stove. I think we finally figured out how to use it, which means the place is always warm when we want it warm. Sweet!



Dinner in front of a fire is what we love...


  

  This also means Johnny gets to channel his inner "He-Man", which I get a big kick out of.
  Hehehehehe...Oh, Johnny, you floor me.



Ooooooo...so Manly!



  

We've been walking almost every day,  but today we're taking a break to go to the local weekly outdoor market to see what's happening.

  I've really been enjoying our Morning Walks, though...there is so much beauty in the countryside.



Walking down the road from The Nut.



Really cool pinecones.

  All the early flowering trees are going off, big time!


















  All the local olive groves are being pruned, which means the burning will start soon, too.





  I've been making our lunches every day, between chores, so we can enjoy the views from the terrace.
  This is what we really look forward to!


Egg salad on local bread with almonds, olives, cheese and apples on the side.
Wine, of course.


Evening visits to the piazza and Bar Gallo are a given.
It's quiet here now.




We've gone out once already for pizza with pals. It's nice to catch up and get all the local news.
Plus, I really like a good pizza.






  My favorite part of each day here, is just seeing how thrilled Johnny is to be back.
  He's really in his Happy Place. Me, too.




1 comment:

  1. I think there may be problems with commenting on my blog...if so, I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete