Friday, March 15, 2019

Some Favorites At The Pompidou


  Though we are now in Umbria, I wanted to 'go back' to Paris again to share a couple of my favorite art works at the Pompidou Museum.
  These are from the permanent collection, for the most part.

  While Johnny goes directly to paintings, I do love installation works. The more texture and sound, the better. He has learned to give me my time to explore on my own, as he goes and spends time in front of oil on canvas.
  I don't like it all, but there are always standout pieces that grab my interest.



  Though almost a painting, I guess, I fell hard for this piece by Niki de Saint Phalle, below:






  I just love that she shot the painting. Plastic bags filled with color and various objects attached to the wooden panel.
  And, just to make it better....she performed the act in front of an audience as performance art.
  Brilliant.







  I'm so mad I didn't get all the info on all the pieces here...so sorry.
  I guess I get excited, and there is just so much to see...


  The room below was just so playful and colorful and strange...



Notice the chrome 'ball'...






A perfect opportunity for an outrageous "Mirror Shot"!



And that would be ME!


Joseph Beuys is a favorite of mine, and this work did not disappoint. 
Rolls and rolls of felt, stacked together made the room feel so dense and sort of cozy in a strange way...the sounds outside disappeared, and you felt like you were in a soft, fluffy cave...
  He was commissioned to do this, I think, as a way to buffer the sound of a friend's piano playing from his neighbors in a building. As art.
  I think...Don't quote me.





  
  The piece below, by Pino Pascali was my very favorite of the trip.
  What's not to love...










Texture, nature, Hawky-Hawk.
Love at first sight.



Who thinks of this???



  We've seen the work below at the Venice Biennale one year, but I loved seeing it again.
  The artist is Giuseppe Penone. He takes wood and pares it down to it's core, leaving the 'knots' that are the branches on the inside. If that makes sense.
  You'll get it-







   Lastly...


  I didn't get who did this 'room', it may also be Giussepe Pinone, but I'm not sure...
  It's a room filled, totally filled...with bay leaves. Walls made of bay leaves.
  The scent inside was heavenly.








So fantastic.

  On the back wall, a bronze sculpture of a set of human lungs made from bay leaves.
  Love.







  This is the kind of Art I like to experience. I love paintings, as well, but in another life, I think I would have been an installation artist.
  Hey, it's never too late...and I do know someone with a very nice gallery space...
  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......


No comments:

Post a Comment