Sunday, March 31, 2019

Learning How To Relax



  What do we really do when we are here?

  We walk almost every morning. I make lunch, Johnny paints. 
  We always go somewhere pretty in the late afternoon for a glass of wine.

  I putter in the garden...It's just like being at home, only with the luxury of time as a bonus for me.
  But that bonus is a problem...

  I struggle with how to fill my days, but am getting better at just relaxing, reading, even watching a movie now and then.
  There is always online work I do, too. Banking stuff, language study, etc.

  I am so addicted to my 'routine' of work at home in California...I can get restless and feel like a kite without a tail here in Umbria. Even after nine years of coming and going...I still have issues with learning how to do 'nothing'.

  My sweet husband, on the other hand, has an easier time. He knows his job, and does it well. 

  Anyway, a typical day, as you all know, starts with a walk.


Sunrise



  On this particular day...we walked to a nearby borgo.




I just love the light on the olive trees



Getting taller every day!

Viburnum in bloom.


  On another day, we'll walk in the fields below The Nut.


Nearby onion fields.
She grows them for the seed, not the actual onions.



Artichoke left to bloom...
I would have loved to have seen it!

Our bit of heaven from below.



Nice to see the sun without the wind.
It's been really windy and cold...

Bundled up, with gloves and puffy vest.








Okay, Johnny...enough photos of me, already.

Morning light.


  Back home...


Lots of 'daisies' blooming like crazy in the front yard.


A kitchen moment.

  
  Lunch is enjoyed inside when it's too windy to eat on the terrace.
  On this day, I made 'Torta al Testo'. Sort of like a thick tortilla that is filled with whatever you want, then grilled a bit to be eaten warm.
  I put soft cheese and arugula in these...it got nice and melty. Mmmm. 
  Tomato salad on the side, wine, and most likely chips somewhere along the way.




  This lunch included a nap afterwards.
  Yeah, I'm beginning to learn how to just chill out. It's not easy for me.

  I can hear the violins playing...Oh, poor me, right?
  It's complicated. This life in two worlds.
  For me, anyway.
  But hey, I'll take it and learn more everyday. Learn to be in the moment.
  This moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment